Tuesday, January 31, 2017

PRICING YOUR BOOKS: WATCH WHAT THE BIG BOYS AND GIRLS DO - BY TERRI DELCAMPO


http://www.writenowwithterridelcampo.blogspot.com/2016/01/pricing-your-book-watch-what-big-boys.html

Terri DelCampo has a short post on her Write Now with Terri DelCampo blog about pricing your books. Pricing Your Book - Watch What The Big Boys & Girls Do. Obviously, from the art above, you can see how Terri feels about free and $.99 books. I totally agree. Other than the books I have stories in published by different Presses than Blazing Owl Press, for which I have no control, none of our books other than Terri's Owl's Eye View Magazine, which is a labor of love for Terri because it was her first foray into professional writing, are free or $.99. And once the magazine comes out the following year with all the previous year's issues in one giant tome, the old ones are taken down from Amazon. Bear in mind that there is always at least one issue for $.99. Also, everything we publish is up on Kindle Unlimited, so subscribers can read them for free.

I have a number of short stories up on Amazon for $.99, but the rights will be mine soon, and I will take them down and put them into collections. 70% royalty payout is certainly better than half that. So, for a while, I will have fewer books published, but since I have hundreds of short stories, that will change.

So, my friends, don't give your books away. I know that writing is a labor of love, but you should be paid for it. You deserve to. Click the link above and read Terri's post.

Write on, me lads and lassies!

Blaze McRob

No comments:

Post a Comment