Monday, June 5, 2017

DON'T MISS OPPORTUNITIES




This blast from the past is a short post I had on my website a number of years back. It's still relevant today. This is a refreshing way to step out of the box.


                                                            *    *    *    *

I had just paid a bill and had thirty six minutes to wait before catching the next bus. It was almost 90 degrees and I needed something to drink. Ahah, there sat a bar across the street. Time for a cold beer.

They had WiFi in the place so I set my computer on the bar and went to my blog to do a little work. You can't really miss my main page, what with the flaming skull head and all, and one by one, I gathered a crowd. It seems there were a lot of horror fans there, and since I post free stories and even an online novel for all to read, they were all oohs and aahs. I bought my first beer. My fans paid for the rest. My thirty six minutes stretched close to four hours. I had six Budweiser pounders which at $3.50 each equalled $21.00. All of this was possible because I had my computer along. I exposed new fans to my works, created good will and future sales and made roughly what I would have for selling eight ebooks on Amazon.

I'm sure everyone has heard it's a good idea to carry around your paper books where they can be noticed.

Step outside the box. You can do more.

This Bud's for you!

Blaze McRob

No comments:

Post a Comment