Sunday, February 14, 2021

JO-ANNE RUSSELL - WOMAN IN HORROR

 


https://www.amazon.com/Jo-Anne-Russell/e/B0078JJL7E/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_7?qid=1486608592&sr=8-7

https://www.facebook.com/Fictisha


Jo-Anne Russell is my Woman In Horror today! Jo-Anne writes, edits, formats, does art, and publishes horror. She is a busy lady for sure. I had the honor of working with her on the edits for Morbid Metamorphosis, a great horror anthology that was her Press' first published tome when she was at the helm of Lycan Valley Press. It received super reviews. It was a great experience for me. Jo-Anne picked some great authors for this anthology, and I merely made a few suggestions here and there.

Jo-Anne Russell is a dark fiction writer, a member of the Horror Writer's Association, the Writers Guild of Alberta and the Edmonton Arts Counsel. Her work can be found in a multitude of anthologies, and as standalone stories. Her debut novel The Nightmare Project was republished a couple years ago, and Book 2 will follow. She is a wife, mother of eight children, has numerous pets, and is legally blind.

She has a taste for the macabre and bizarre. Jo-Anne says, "My Great Grandmother purchased a casket and kept it in her basement before I was born. I remember playing around it and asking her questions about it and death in general from the time I was very young. She was blatantly honest in her answers. I have always been very curious."

******

Amazon bio:

About Jo-Anne Russell

Jo-Anne Russell is a horror writer, and publisher, living in Edmonton, AB, Canada. Her stories have appeared in anthologies by Brazen Snake Books, Static Movement, Wicked East Press, and Hidden Thoughts Press, just to name a few.

Her taste for the macabre has provided her imagination with a feast that fuels her writing and creativity. If you like horror, the bizarre, or you just don't like to sleep at night, give her books and short stories a try.

Her debut novel The Nightmare Project is the first in the shocking trilogy called Dangerous Minds, and is now available.

******

Some of Jo-Anne's fabulous books!



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZTBRBQ/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Julia Montgomery, a mother of two finds herself in a tug of war between the living and the dead when the asylum where she resides places her in an experimental therapy pilot program called The Nightmare Project.

******

Blaze McRob's review.

The Nightmare Project, by Jo-Anne Russell, is one fantastic tale of psychological horror. Jo-Anne goes to the very edge of the abyss of insanity and hangs there with her tortured heroine, long enough so you don't know if she's coming back from it or if she'll take the plunge into a pit of no return. This is a chiller well worth every penny and more.

Welcome to The Nightmare Project!

******

Charles Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great and Creepy Read

Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2012

Well, my fellow lovers of horror, there's another powerhouse author who knows how to scare the soul out of your skin. And I'm not kidding. I was truly frightened. Her new book has pulled me back to the days when I walked the dark and dingy corridors of a secured Psych unit. 12 years I endured the voices, the smell of medicine, the sounds of buckles from patients trying to get out of their straps while secured to their beds, it all started coming back to me with her first chapter. Here I am...I'm back in my happy place!! Jo-Anne pulls you into an asylum where Julia encounters more than just crazies in this place. I love horror, but you give me a book with a psychological twist, an asylum, and some really weird stuff going on that gave me the goose-bumps, hell, I'm buying that book. Even the evil little jester was frightened, and trust me, he doesn't scare easy. Two bony thumbs up, and a special ringing of the jester bells for this great book.

-Charles Day, Author of YA novel THE LEGEND OF THE PUMPKIN THIEF & novelette mystery THE PLAN

******



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VX1VNE/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2?

When a young pregnant teen goes to the beach side to think, she gets more than she bargains for when a stranger offers to help.

******

Jackie G Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars turning of the tides

Reviewed in the United States on July 15, 2012

I enjoyed this short story. It holds an unexpected scare factor. It's well written and an easy one sitting read. I can recommend this as a great read. Beware the water, and watch the twist in the tale.

******



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065KXWM2/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i10

A woman looks out over the water – what does she see? In this collection of nine flash fiction stories you’ll find tales of love, loss, betrayal and redemption as each author meets the woman at the water’s edge.


Water's Edge by Ann Partridge

London by Sarah Bella

Her House by Lisamarie Lamb

Siren's Call by Carol R. Ward

The Loch by Amanda Buxton

Turning of the Tides by Jo-Anne Russell

One More Year by Jamie DeBree

Never Forget by Heidi Sutherlin

The Boatman by Jaimie Krycho

******

bummie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars

Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2015

Verified Purchase

Enjoyed this book. 

******



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007S86CEK/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i4

In a vast world of computers and technology I stuck to my old reliable electric typewriter. I would be the smart one, no worries of virus' here, but I wasn't the smart one. I never thought a virus would be a welcomed guest, until the end when something from the shadows, something evil, made me its play thing.

******



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007S7FJN6/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i6

Angel looked out the old house's window. Memories flashed through her mind of the terrible winter her family perished, and she was brutally tortured and tormented.

Now with her husband and children by her side she has returned to her childhood home to face the past; and maybe share the secret.

Her dead sister whispers in her ear and Angel giggles.


The secrets of the past are as close as whispers in the cellar.

******

Scaler

5.0 out of 5 stars A Haunting Tale!

Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2012

Well written short story that keeps you guessing! I loved the Angel character, and kept hoping she'd be alright throughout this suspenseful piece of writing!

******

Jo-Anne can write chillers that are long, as well as short. Jo-Anne Russell is a true Woman In Horror!


Blaze McRob


No comments:

Post a Comment