Sunday, June 6, 2021

FUNGAL DESIRES - BY BLAZE MCROB


 

https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-Owl-Short-Horror-Desires-ebook/dp/B096KR7K3Y/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=blaze+mcrob&qid=1623031936&s=books&sr=1-2


Fungal Desires, by Blaze McRob, is a short story blending horror, science fiction, and dark fiction. I had a lot of fun writing this. Okay, so maybe I'm a little unconventional in what I consider to be fun. I hope my readers feel the same way I do.

******

Here's a little teaser to whet your horror appetites:


 My face stares back at me in the mirror, telling me that what I had feared is reality. I walk away from the bathroom, go to the kitchen, and grab a beer. After twisting the top off the long neck, I sit in the lazy boy and attempt to figure things out.

Shit! The damn bottle barely fits in my mouth. By tomorrow I might not even have a mouth. Mother fucker! This can't be happening! The day before yesterday everything was fine. I was the same as everyone else, healthier, stronger even. That was then. This is now.

That damn cave! I should have never gone in there, but how was I to know? It all seemed so matter of fact. We were there to explore a new section recently discovered by one of our colleagues. The opening was small, and I was the only one with the balls to explore it.

The main cave had produced many great specimens of mushrooms in the past, some unknown to the scientific community. In my mind, this smaller off-shoot might have even more surprises in store.

Unfortunately, I was right.

******

Happy reading, my friends!


Blaze McRob

******

BLAZING OWL SHORT HORROR BY BLAZE MCROB offers lots of chills packed in a few pages that will sweep you into his bizarre and macabre world whenever you have a few minutes to read. Blaze is always working on stories that will chill you to the core. Be on the lookout for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment