Saturday, July 31, 2021

STRUGGLE TO WRITE - FLASHBACK TO 1995: BY TERRI DELCAMPO

 


https://terridelcampo.blogspot.com/2021/07/struggle-to-write-flashback-to-1995.html


Struggle to Write - Flashback to 1995: by Terri DelCampo is a post on Terri's BROKEN OLD BROAD BLOGS! website.

 [Originally published as a Write Now blog, this was written on 5/21/95, just before massive changes in my life.]


From Terri:

******

Thirty-seven years on shaky ground.

Writing always sidetracked.  Marriage, kids, jobs, housework, procrastination.

Family transitional stages, depressions.

******

I’m responsible for my own dreams coming true, even if others stand back waiting for me to fall on my face. 

******

It’s easy to me to see why I’ve yet to achieve my dreams, and even easier to blame it on everything and everyone else in my life.  What it all boils down to is responsibility.

My responsibility to myself.

******

I think I’ve earned my turn to work on my own dreams and make them come true.

And sooner or later I’ll convince an editor of that.

******

I've only included a few lines of Terri's post. Get inside her head back in 1995 and learn more about Terri DelCampo: the person, and the author.


Blaze McRob 

No comments:

Post a Comment