Saturday, December 12, 2020

THE SHIP: BY MK ALEXANDER

 


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0852NFWYY/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1

https://www.amazon.com/MK-Alexander/e/B009BDR7OO/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

https://www.goodreads.com/author/5271513.M_K_Alexander/questions


The Ship, by MK Alexander, is my kind of novel! This book is a Steampunk delight. I've been having a difficult time lately finding Steampunk I enjoy reading. No more. MK's writing hits the mark. And, on top of the salty-dog jargon I find in this tale, I am happy to find humor, shenanigans of all kinds, a star-studded list of story people, thrills, drama, and fantastic science fiction. What more could a reader expect?

MK writes new, exciting stories to add to the mysteries that surround all of us. If only we dare to shake off the shackles binding us to mediocrity. Believe me, there is no mediocrity in the writing of MK Alexander. 

Read this great book. A great adventure awaits you.


Blaze McRob  

******

Book description by the author:


Aye, welcome aboard, mates!

I can say little more without issuing a spoiler alert. Sorry…

I can say it’s about the largest vessel ever built by humankind. Embark on an unforgettable voyage with its peculiar crew. Come under attack as they sail into the dark void and parts unknown. Find yourself trapped below decks, and rely on young Ensign York to reach the Bridge and save everyone on board.

Steampunk of sort, set at the turn of the century, though I’ll not say which century. Save Our Souls, Ship in Distress…

******

author’s note:

Save a scant few, all the characters aboard ship are named for famous engineers of a bygone era. This is meant as a tribute to their contributions to humankind, and in no way reflects on how the fictional characters are portrayed in this story.

******

MK Alexander has been writing fiction for 20 years and has recently published five new titles, as well as several short story collections. He has been a reporter and editor for many newspapers, and worked for The New York Times for well over ten years. Winner of the BBC Short Story Award. "No genre is safe from me! One thing that irks me is the accusation that I am too subtle. I like to give my readers some credit: I always assume they are clever, educated, and have a good sense of humor..."

******

Read MK Alexander's other great books at https://www.amazon.com/MK-Alexander/e/B009BDR7OO/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

******

Enjoy some great Q&As at https://www.goodreads.com/author/5271513.M_K_Alexander/questions

******

I always purchase books on Amazon when I find some I believe I would enjoy reading. The free sample tells me everything I need to know. Bingo goes the one click digit! Easy peasy. However, I am unable to leave reviews on Amazon because of the way they have changed their system. One must purchase a certain number of books using a credit card. I purchase well beyond the required number of books, but I always use Amazon gift cards which I purchase. I desire a certain amount of privacy and don't wish everyone to have that kind of access. In the past, I was allowed to leave reviews after purchasing books via the gift card route. So, nowadays I write reviews on my blog. I hope the authors whose books I love to read understand.

Blaze McRob

No comments:

Post a Comment