Saturday, January 28, 2017

BOOK REVIEW - BENT METAL - BY NINA D'ARCANGELA


https://www.amazon.com/Bent-Metal-Nina-DArcangela-ebook/dp/B00NN5ZQ6C/ref=cm_rdp_product_img#nav-subnav

This is my book review for Bent Metal, by Nina D'Arcangela, that I did a couple years ago. Nina writes a short story with punch. I know you'll enjoy it.

Blaze McRob


Book description:


Where does reality end and dreamscape begin?

Woken each night by the sounds of screams and twisting metal, Lauren must relive the panic and fear of discovering her brother’s broken body on the asphalt. But each morning, she finds it’s only a dream… One she doesn’t want to keep having.

At what point does a dream become a nightmare, and what if the nightmare was more than a figment of her subconscious?

5.0 out of 5 stars Bent Metal Will Bend Your Mind!, September 19, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Bent Metal (Kindle Edition)
Bent Metal, by Nina D'Arcangela, is one of those mind-blowing tales that takes twists and turns from start to finish. You know the ending, but you really don't. You are pulled into alternate realities that pull at you from all directions, whispering into your ears that what you are reading only hints at the truth, and no matter how it plays out, there will be deep sadness.

Many people say never to write about dreams. No one cares to hear about them. I beg to differ. Dreams are on a plane of existence unlike our waking psyches. Nina's dream world is interlaced with realities, and bonds itself to the physical reality we try to ground ourselves in.

I have had the same dream every night for 47 years. I keep hoping for a different ending so that happiness will finally wash over me. This gives me more insight into the tale Nina shares with us. I understand. I believe. And I can still hope.

Read Bent Metal. Nina D'Arcangela is a master of psychological horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment