Sunday, January 8, 2017

DOGS, SKUNKS, AND OTHER RUNNERS







Coming sometime this next year: Dogs, Skunks, And Other Runners, by Blaze McRob. Before I started writing my tales of horror, and during the times of my pounding away on the keyboards or putting pen to paper, I had quite a career in ultra-running. What is ultra-running, you ask? Simply put, it is running more than the standard 26.2 mile marathon distance. The picture above shows me lurking behind Brent Weigner in a 50 mile race. Brent is wearing the #1. Do I look young there or what? I went on to win the race and Brent came in second. The race was held on June, 17, 1978.

I ran many races after that, running with some of the best runners in the world. I was humbled on many occasions, but I did well in many others. On any given day, any runner can become the winner.

I enjoyed my running days; I only wish I could still participate, but health issues are eating away at my once animalistic approach to the sport. Those of you who run and push your limits know what I'm talking about. Maybe one day I will be able to return to the sport.

My hope is that the collection of short stories within this tome will give hope to those who need a little inspiration, not only in running, but in other facets of life. With limited genetics, I still succeeded because of my work ethic. As with anything else in life, if you want something bad enough, you will achieve.

Happy running. Happy writing.

Blaze McRob  

No comments:

Post a Comment